Question

Create Transportation Services Booking Page

• 15 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all,
I’m putting together a website for my brother in law car transportation business. He wants to me to create booking page where customers can book/modify/cancel their reservations and if possible pay a deposit.

My brother in law should get notification, and on a separate page he can manage all his bookings. I spent good amount of time researching how to accomplish this and I landed here at Zapier.

I need your assistance whether the above is possible and what do I need to accomplish the above.

Server: Ubuntu 22.04LT
Web Server: LiteSpeed
Platform: WordPress

Thank you all...

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @fadi_!

Can you tell us a bit more about the booking system that you’re using for this workflow. You mentioned you’re using WordPress for this, are you using a pre-built WordPress booking plugin of some kind? Or are you looking to create a booking system using Zapier and multiple apps? 

For example are you planning on having a web form on WordPress that users fill out which sends information to Zapier, that is then passed to a calendar app to create it as an event, and uses an email app to send out a notification to your brother in law? 

If you can share us some more details on what apps/plugins are involved and give us a bit more detail on the requirements here we’ll be better able to help. Looking forward to your reply!

Hi @SamB 
Thank you for the follow up, here are the answers to your questions:

You mentioned you’re using WordPress for this, are you using a pre-built WordPress booking plugin of some kind? Or are you looking to create a booking system using Zapier and multiple apps? 

I want to accomplish the above using Zapier and multiple apps. See my next paragraph for one plug-in I maybe using, unless you recommend a different approach. I would rather get it done using Zapier + other apps.

For example are you planning on having a web form on WordPress that users fill out which sends information to Zapier, that is then passed to a calendar app to create it as an event, and uses an email app to send out a notification to your brother in law?

Exactly!! furthermore, I will be adding a form (using either Formality or Fluent plug-ins) which will be part of the booking process to collect additional information from users related to his transportation business, such as: Requirement for Child/Booster seats, Bicycles, Stroller, Wheelchair, Pets, etc…

Thank you,
Fadi.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for sharing some further details here @fadi_

Ok so, I did a quick check and it doesn’t look like we currently integrate with the Formality or Fluent plugins. There are other form plugins for WordPress like WPForms for example. You can view a list of all the WordPress related plugins we currently integrate with here: App Families > WordPress

If you’re set on using either Formality or Fluent for the form, this still might be possible with Zapier. You’d just need to be able to set the form submissions to email a copy of the submission. That way you could set up a Zap to trigger when one of those form submission emails is sent. You can read more about this kind of workaround here: Request to add a new app to Zapier > Workarounds

For the creation of the event, what calendar app is going to be used? Google Calendar is a popular one and has the ability to create events. But if you’re needing to book multiple people and resources it might be worth looking into a more advanced scheduling app of some kind. How does your brother in law currently schedule bookings? 

For the email notification part of the workflow, that’s going to be fairly straight forward as you can use an email app like Email by Zapier (Send Outbound Email action) to send out the email notification with the necessary details. 

Hope that helps to get you started! 🙂