Question

Create Quickbooks invoice with different line items and tax

• 25 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello everybody, 

I try to create an invoice in quickbooks online when there is a new order on Shopify. 
But some of my items can be with 10% TAX or 20% TAX. 
Do you know how to separate different items and their own tax rate ? Have I to do the manipulation on Zapier or on Shopify ? Or on Quickbooks ? 

The invoice is create on shopify but every items have the same tax. 

Thank you for your help !

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @AKU

You’d need to select the Custom value option for that Tax field and pass the different tax values to it as line items. That said, when using the custom value option here, QuickBooks will expect to receive an ID value for the tax rate. The tax rate ID it’s after can be seen written in grey text just under the option name in the dropdown menu, for example:
4288bb141997c5d1d7f75e90893b5359.png

if the tax rates don’t come through from Shopify as the correct tax rate ID then you’ll need to add a Formatter (Utilities > Lookup Table) step to convert the tax rates we receive from Shopify into the corresponding tax rate ID that QuickBooks expects. Alternatively, if you’re not able to receive the tax rates for each product from Shopify as line items then you could set up the lookup table to convert the product names into the corresponding tax rate IDs instead. 

You can find out more about how to work with lookup tables here: Create lookup tables in Zaps

Hope that helps! :relaxed:

Hey @SamB !

Thank you for your response. 
I understand your manipulation but I have a main problem : the items will change with orders and will not be the same each time. 

I only use 2 tax rates : 

• delivery is 20% TAX
  • all other items are 10% TAX (but have different names)

So I have to change the lookup table every time ? 

How can I make my zap totally automatic ? 

Could you please detail me the previous staps to make it right. 

Here is an order example :

Here is another example : 

Thank you so much for your help