Question

Create Quickbooks invoice inside a project, not at the customer level

• 16 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

We need that feature as well. Please let me know when you have it ready. What we actually need is invoice from JobNimbus to create an invoice inside the project level, not customer level. Any ideas?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @PremierGroup!

I’ve added you to the request for a New Project trigger for QuickBooks and split your post to a new thread in case anyone can help you with the second part of your question. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

In your case specifically, to tie it to an invoice to the project, you just need consistent naming conventions so that you are able to find the project in QBO before you create the invoice. In my QBO account, the display name is just the project Name and the fully qualified name is the “Customer Name: Project Name” searching for “Test” yields the project customer while searching for “Tim Test” would yield the actual customer. If you need further assistance, I have set up many private custom integrations with QBO and would be happy to assist but I believe all you need is a search action proceeding the create invoice action and to know what to search for. Happy Zapping!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Here is the “Customer”, you will notice the id is 1328

Here is the “Project Customer”, you will notice it has it’s own unique ID field which you should pass forward into your “Create Invoice” action. 

Userlevel 1

@Danvers it would also be great to have an action to create or find/update projects. Example use case - new deal being marked as “Won” in CRM could have Zapier trigger new project or status update of existing project in Quickbooks.

Thanks, Jay