Best answer

Create OR update Salesforce record from excel timesheet

• 18 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I’m beginning with Zapier… I’m trying to create OR update a Salesforce record each time a row in my timesheet is added OR modified. Do I need to create two zaps ? 

For now I’m only creating the new ones. I used the “Find record” action for Salesforce, which is iun fact “find or create” record… But this does not update already existing records. How can I now add “update record” ? Do I need to add a new section to the zap below and re-define an action with “update “record” ? 

I’m asking that because this means I need to re-map all my fields between SF and the excvel file in another step, instead of just saying from the beginning : “Find, then create OR update” … !… Is there a better solution ?

Thanks for your help !

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 22 November 2020, 19:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Zap 1

Action: Salesforce Find/Create Record

Zap 2

Action: Salesforce Find Record (unless you already know the Record ID to be updated)

Action: Salesforce Update Record

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! You would only need to do this with one zap. You can use the Find/Create Record in combination regardless of whether it exists or not.

FYI @Troy Tessalone - Let me know if this needs further explaining, but effectively you would just carry out the following:

• Trigger: From Customer's application
  • Action: Salesforce Find/Create Record
    • Filter - where zap data is found = true
  • Action: Salesforce Update Record

@YG. Hope that helps!

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your answers.

I just added the action (update) in the same Zap indeed, after the find/create one and it works… I just had to re-map all the fields in the second action, we should be able to save a map and re-use it ! :)

But it works, thanks !