Best answer

Create new basecamp 3 docs and files folder from form submission

• 5 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello,

I’m trying to figure out a way to use basecamp 3 as a file archive similar to Google drive, but can’t find a way to pre-generate file folders from form submissions.

I am using an airtable form, which after form submission, I would like to automatically generate a folder inside of the docs and files folder inside a master project. The basecamp 3 folder would need to be created and renamed according to the form submission data, and also be looked up through the search and find function in case I would like to automatically deposit files in this folder at a later date.

Google drive does this function super well so I am hoping basecamp 3 could also implement a similar action.

Hope this makes sense and I hope someone here can assist or steer me in the right direction!

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by christina.d 6 December 2022, 01:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @andrewmbrindle 

Good question.

If a Zap app doesn’t have the available triggers/actions you are seeking, then you can check the app API to see if that supports the desired endpoints.

Basecamp API: https://github.com/basecamp/bc3-api

App APIs can be used in Zaps with the Webhooks app as an action step: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help

“also be looked up through the search and find function in case I would like to automatically deposit files in this folder at a later date.”

TIP: Save the Folder IDs back on the Airtable record for future reference in other Zaps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Heya @andrewmbrindle! Thanks for reaching out in community!

You’re right at the moment, the Basecamp3 app doesn’t support a “Create Folder” action. 😔 It might be worth reaching out to my teammates in support to request a new feature request for this! While it doesn’t guarantee implementation, it at least allows us to track/gauge interest. 🙂

As Troy mentioned, you could potentially use the Basecamp3 API and Webhooks by Zapier if you’re comfortable! It’s worth mentioning it’s tiny bit more of an advanced approach and so support around this may be limited. If you’re interested i in learning though, here’s a few resources to get you started if you’d like to give that a shot:

Welcome to the community! ⚡️