Skip to main content
Question

Create New Account in Quickbooks Online When New Customer Added

• 19 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Is there any way to create a Zap that creates a new Income Account in Quickbooks Online when a New Customer is added?

I can easily create a zap that creates a new Customer, and I can see how to create a zap to create a new Service, but what I want to do is create a new Account for each customer when that new Customer is added without having to do it manually.

In the end, I want the zap to create a New Customer, then create a new Account, and then create a new Service all at once. The sticking point is being able to create the Account.

Thank you for your help.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RickyBobby 

Looks like you may have to explore using the QBO API via one of these actions:

• API Request
  • Custom Action (with the help of AI)

https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/api/accounting/all-entities/account#create-an-account

Userlevel 1

Thank you, Troy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @RickyBobby,

The “Create Account” action for the QuickBooks Online integrations is not supported at the moment. I recommend reaching out to our Support Team to create a feature request on your behalf.

In the meantime, you can use the API Request (Beta) as a workaround as Troy suggested. However, the API Request Beta is considered an advanced feature, so our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be tricky to troubleshoot since we can't see what's happening on the other side. Every API that you send a request to is going to have slightly different structures that are required.

This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected, beyond taking a general look at what's showing in Zapier.

Here are some helpful resources:

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thank you, I submitted a Feature Request to the support team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the update @RickyBobby!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗