Best answer

Create multiples row in Google Sheets with ChatGPT

• 14 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello ! I want to incorporate questions into a Google Sheet (one question per row). These questions are generated from a PDF read by ChatGPT. ChatGPT generates the questions and incorporates them into the Google Sheet via Zapier. The problem is that it only fills in a single row (and therefore a single question), whereas I would like it to fill in multiple rows at once. I tried using the 'Google Sheets: Create Multiple Spreadsheet Rows' function, but it doesn't work. Does anyone have a solution? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by SamB 16 June 2023, 13:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @yasmamou! 🙂

Hmm, with the Create Multiple Spreadsheet Rows action I think it would be expecting to receive the row information as line items. What fields have you selected from ChatGPT when setting up this action?

If you could share a screenshot showing the fields selected for that Google Sheets action that would be much appreciated and will to give us a better idea of what might be causing only a single row to be created. Please remember to remove/hide any private information from any screenshots first (like names, email addresses etc.).

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your response. I am asking Chat GPT to create question lines with corrections (Multiple Choice Questions) from a PDF, and then I ask it to send these MCQs to Google Sheets. Here are the screenshots.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah I see! Thanks for clarifying that @yasmamou.

I did some testing on my side and wasn’t able to get it to create multiple rows either. I did some further digging and it seems that there’s a bug report for this behaviour so I’ve added you to the list of affected users.

I can’t give any ETA on when it will be fixed by but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is! And we’ll share any news or updates here as an when we can.