Best answer

Create Invoice in Square: Order ID required, but my normal invoice process doesn't use orders

• 6 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey all! I’m building a Zap to use an Airtable record to create an invoice in Square.

Usually I have a default invoice template when I create one in Square, but the zap is asking for an Order ID. I don’t typically have orders in the normal sense in square - whenever I create a new invoice I just click on “create invoice”

Is there a zap for just creating an invoice, divorced from any concept of an order?

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 6 October 2022, 04:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @JonathanKatz 

Zapier is only have to create invoice using an order ID according to the details of the action:

You can create a paid order before and that will give you an order ID that you can use to create an invoice:

You can explore API option and see if square support invoice creation without an order id, if it does you can use webhook by Zapier to access API and create invoice without order ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @JonathanKatz! I wanted to pop in and see if you were able to get this sorted?

Keep us posted! We’d love to know how you’re getting along. 🤗