Best answer

Create Folders in from Gravity Forms with file uploads

• 15 February 2023
  • 8 replies

I am trying to have a folder created in my google drive when a new contact us form is filled out which I was able to do but

1. I'm not sure how to make it so that if there is already has a folder in google drive that it will create a new folder with the job name not a new folder with the customers name.

2. Once the folder is created I need other folders created inside of the new folder ie. 1. Original, 2. Eproof 3. Production.

3. Once the new folders are created if there are attachments in the form I would like for them to be uploaded to the 1. Original Folder.

4. The other information in the form will then be placed in a text document and saved in the 1. Original folder and named "Order Information"

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 16 February 2023, 18:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @keonacarr 

Good question.

Try using this logic.

GDrive - Find/Create Folder

Hey Troy,

I was able to create the new folders but when a new contact form comes it the new information goes to the old folder created. here is a loom video to show what I am talking about. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@keonacarr

You need to map dynamic variables between the Zap steps using the ‘Custom’ option using the Folder ID from a previous step.

Help article: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

if the new folder isn’t created yet would I use the root folder or what would I select. The only folders that I see are old folders.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@keonacarr

For example…

If you want the GDrive Folder from Step 2 to be used in Step 5, then you’d map the GDrive Folder ID from Step 2 to Step 5 using the ‘Custom’ mapping option to insert the dynamic variable.

We’d need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order to have context.

got it but what would the Folder ID look like? Is it listed folder id?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@keonacarr 

Example

I figured it out thanks for your help!