Question

Create File From Base64 Decoded Bytes

• 27 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, 

I am new to Zapier and I am running into a problem. The issue is that I need to create a pdf file from only the decoded base64 bytes, but the decoded bytes are too large for Zapier. Is there another way to create a file from the encoded or decoded bytes on another service (maybe google drive) and then send the download link back to my Zap.

Thanks,

Nick

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @NickN3 - Where do you store your base64-encoded input data and what’s the data length? You might want to use CloudConvert which integrates with Zapier. https://zapier.com/apps/cloudconvert/integrations

Userlevel 1

@ikbelkirasan, the input data is received in a response and is 110KB encoded, but Zapier is giving me this error: 

Problem creating Sample: Our computers took too long.

Uh oh, something is not quite right! This might be a temporary problem though, so you may want to try that again or contact support if this persists!

for the past few days when I tried to test. So I just assumed that the file was too large. I am trying to take these bytes and create a file in TeamworkIQ, which integrates with Zapier, so that I can then upload to google drive. I was looking into the google drive api, but it won’t work with Zapier as you need to install their library.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @NickN3!

Since this was a little while ago, I wanted to check in to see if you’d managed to get past that error or whether you still needed help here. Please let us know!