Best answer

Create Email and Send to Recipient Named in Google Sheets Cell

• 16 April 2021
  • 3 replies

I have data going to a Google Sheet spreadsheet, including one cell which has an email address.

When the Sheets data changes, I would like to create an email and send it to the email address listed in that cell.

When I do Sheets-to-Gmail Zap, I cannot identify the specific cell that contains the email address in the Gmail “to” zap.

How do I go about accomplishing this?

icon

Best answer by meyerfire 19 April 2021, 19:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @meyerfire 

Try using this trigger: GSheets New/Updated Row

Check out this help article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-with-google-sheets-on-zapier#new-or-updated-spreadsheet-row-trigger-behavior

Thanks! I just figured out what the issue was - I had many blank cells, which was limiting the triggers I could use for the zap.

Once I reorganized the Google Sheets Spreadsheet correctly, and had all cells with information, the trigger options opened up and I was able to use an email trigger input as the “to” line for the zap.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @meyerfire,

Great work on getting this sorted, and thank you for sharing your solution with the Community! :)