Best answer

Create contact in Hubspot with Podia

• 21 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

Since few hours i try to create a contact in Hubspot with Podia, i can get the email but not the last name and the first name.

I use the trigger “New sale” in Podia and “Create Update contact” in Hubspot.

When i configure the Zap and test the trigger i can see the good value of customerFirstName and customerLastName. In the hubspot side, i have selected the good property and the good custom value linked to the first name and last name of Podia.

When i test the zap all it works, i have the last name, the first name and the email in Hubspot.

After that, when i buy something in Podia with a new account, i can see only the email in Hubspot.

When i go the the task log, i see some fields with no value and i don’t understand why :

Fields with no value:

salePaymentMethod

customerFirstName

customerLastName

customerFullName

Thanks for your help !

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 29 January 2021, 23:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mathieu 

Please provide screenshots of your Zap step configurations, thanks.

Of course :

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember to obfuscate sensitive information as this is a public forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mathieu 

Looks like you have the Zap data points mapped correctly from the trigger step to the action step.

If in the Zap Task History log, those data points are NULL from Podia, then the Zap is behaving as expected.

Check to see if there are other data points that do populate that include the Customer First Name/Last Name, etc. to potentially map in the Zap.

Otherwise, this could indicate an issue with the Podia trigger.

You can submit a Zapier Support ticket here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I have the same problem.

My test zap works but the real ones don’t.

I spent hours trying to figure out what is going on.

I contacted Podia and they say that they do not pass the names, only the email address.

This means that all the documentation on Zapier, and the test trigger, are wrong. 

extremely frustrating. If it works on the test trigger why does it not work for the real thing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Mathieu!

Looks like you’ve got a great conversation going with our Support team and they’re helping you out with this! 

For anyone else who sees this, we’ve created a bug report for Podia (which their team can see). 

@Rescuedave I have added you as an affected user for that issue as well. You’ll be notified via email when that’s been resolved.

I’ve used Podia in the past and can confirm that the first and last name should be coming through. They did when I used it, and I can’t see why Podia would have removed that from the integration.