Question

Create and Update Monday.com when change in made in Salesforce

• 15 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is the workflow I am trying to create between Salesforce and Monday.com but have been unable to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated:

1. When a Salesforce Opportunity stage changes to “Contracting”, I want to create a new item in Monday.com with information from 3 different objects related to that Salesforce Opportunity. The information would come from:
    • the Opportunity itself
    • the Account the Opportunity sits on
    • the Opportunity Product objects that sit within the Opportunity

(right now, when I am selecting which fields I want synced over from Salesforce to Monday, I can only select fields from the Opportunity. It does not give me the option to select fields from the Account or the Opportunity Products. I need to include fields from all 3 objects)

1.  Next, when certain fields update in Salesforce (example, the opportunity stage), I want those fields to also update in Monday.com

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cfalcone01 

Good question.

Try adding a this Zap action: Salesrecord - Find Record

Do this for each linked object record.

You can search by the linked object record ID.

Userlevel 1
Badge

when you say “Do this for each linked object record”, do I create 3 different Zap actions to find information from all 3 places (Opportunity, Account, and Opportunity Product) before the fourth action which would be adding this to the monday.com board?

Question #2: Is my initial trigger of “Updated Field on Record in Salesforce” correct or should I use a different trigger? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cfalcone01 

#1: Yes

#2: Yes

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks! I’m a Zapier newbie here. I’m trying this - follow up question:

• do I select “Find Record” or “Find Record(s)”? 
  • do I create an entirely new Zap to then account for the automation where I want certain fields in monday.com to update when the associated field in Salesforce is updated?
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cfalcone01 

• do I select “Find Record” or “Find Record(s)”? 

Try adding a this Zap action: Salesrecord - Find Record

Do this for each linked object record.

You can search by the linked object record ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cfalcone01 

• do I create an entirely new Zap to then account for the automation where I want certain fields in monday.com to update when the associated field in Salesforce is updated?

Yes.