Best answer

Create an Asana project zap for a specific template

Userlevel 2

Hi!

I use many Asana zap but i would like to be able to choose a specific template from my Asana account. For example: A project is created in Asana - team Client when a proposal is won in Proposify. I want that project to be create form my client project template.

Any solution?

Thanks ;)

icon

Best answer by hoon 17 August 2022, 01:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

118 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @connectsworkspace@so-zap101, and @monostereo! Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback. I’ve added your votes to that feature request. 

We’ll be sure to keep ya’ll and this thread updated as soon as we know more. 🙂

Please add me to the list too - really need this feature adding!  Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Of course, @davferg! I’ve got your vote added to that request. 🙂

Please add myself to the list - would be a very powerful feature

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing @gwion! We’ve added your vote to the list. We’ll email as soon as we have any updates! :) 

@SamB please add me too! I need this feature and want to know when it’s available (hope soon!)

Also, has anyone found a way to do this meanwhile? Right now we have a zap that everytime a deal is won on Pipedrive, it creates a new project in Asana - but I need this project to use a template we have…

thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You got it, @Eva - Solarmente! :)

I’ve added you to the list as well. Not sure if anyone has come up with a workaround for this yet but we’ll be in touch by email as soon as it become possible to create projects in Asana using a template.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey everyone! 

I’ve figured out a potential workaround for this by duplicating existing projects using Webhooks by Zapier! More details can be found here:

It’s not a 100% ideal solution I know, but hopefully this workaround will be useful to you while we’re still waiting on this feature request to be implemented! :)

please add me to the feature request list for this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Kelseyyeslek! I’ve just added your vote for this. :relaxed:

We don’t have an ETA on when it will be implemented but we’ll let you know as soon as it is. In the meantime, it may be worth trying out the workaround outlined here:

I am 100% having functionality allowing me to use a Zap to create a project from a specific Asana template. Add my vote.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @Augustus_Greenwood. I’ve added your vote here as well! :relaxed:  

Add me to the chorus - I could use this feature right now in about a zillion workflows.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Pharma-Grade Pastrami!

Thanks for reaching out here, I’ve added your vote as well. We’ll be in touch by email with any updates!

Userlevel 1

Please add me, would love to see this happen soon… any timeline?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @annatentrr! You got it! I’ve got your vote added to that request. While we don’t have a timeline to share at the moment, we’ll definitely send an email when and if this gets implemented. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Please add me to the vote for this feature.

I hope there will be a solution soon as I am not into the Webhook thing.. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I hear ya, @Andria R.! I’ve got your vote added. :relaxed:

Userlevel 1

Please add me too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing, @Anaheim! I’ve added your vote as well. :relaxed:

Userlevel 1

Please +1 this. Would be very helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @mattrc! I’ve got your vote added to that request. You’ll get an email if/when this gets implemented. 🙂

Userlevel 1

@steph.n Any update on this, and can you please add me as watcher on this feature request? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Absolutely, @wsmithe! I’ve got your vote added to that feature request. While we don’t have any updates to share at the moment, we’ll be sure to send an email when and if this gets implemented!

In the interim, I might recommend giving this workaround Sam mentioned a shot! I hope this helps.

Hey @Kelseyyeslek! I’ve just added your vote for this. :relaxed:

We don’t have an ETA on when it will be implemented but we’ll let you know as soon as it is. In the meantime, it may be worth trying out the workaround outlined here:

Userlevel 1

If anyone is interested in discussing Thought Penny’s services to a) set up Zapier automations for you that use Asana templates (we do this using webhooks) and/or b) receive training on how to do this yourself, please DM me your email address.