Question

Create a zip file from mail attachments

• 3 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I am facing an issue regarding a zap that will detect an incoming mail in Gmail that have multiple attachments (3) and will zip them and upload them in a Google Drive folder.

The zap is configured with the followings : 

• Trigger: 
    • App: GMAIL
    • Event: New Email Matching Search
    • Account and Search String correctly set

=> The trigger is tested successfully, I can see a sample of a mail found with the search string showing all 3 attachments.

• Action: 
    • App: Google Drive
    • Event: Upload File
    • Account and folder correctly set

For the file, as mentionned in the help, I have separated them with a comma and a space to send all at once. This should compress them into a single .ZIP file for uploading:

=> The trigger is tested successfully. However, only the first file is uploaded in the folder of the drive, correctly named. I expected a zip file containing all 3 attachments.

I tried different things as set up but none of them gave me the expected result.

Can you help me with this? Thanks in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Vivien! Thanks for reaching out in the community!

Hmm…I wonder if the “New Attachment” trigger could work for your needs here. It triggers per attachment and you can also set a search string in the trigger setup. 🙂

Here’s a similar question that goes into some extra and a help article that explains how you can filter by specific attachment if you need to.

Do you think this could work? Keep us posted!