Skip to main content
Question

Create a way for Google Calendar to sync with changes made in TickTick

• 22 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I have successfully integrated my to-do list app: TickTick to my Google Calendar. When I create events in TickTick, they show up in GCal, and Vice Versa. The issue is when I try to adjust an event (time / date) in TickTick, the change is not reflected in GCal. It seems there is a way to choose specific events to track changes, but that is inefficient and clunky.

Is there a way for me to set up a Zap / Integration where: If Any event is changed in TickTick, GCal will notice the change and reflect that data in GCal? (Changes might include Dates, Time, Location, or Completion Status)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MaxwellDarwin 

Try using a new Zap with a different trigger: TickTick - New Updated Task

If you still need help, post screenshots with how your zap steps are outlined and configured.

Hi @Troy Tessalone. Thanks for the response I found that one, that seemed to make the most sense but I didn’t know how to connect it to Google Calendar. I thought it would be “Update Google Calendar”, but when I tried it, it seemed like it was looking for a specific Event ID (or in other words, a single event from TickTick). That’s not what I want. I want it to intelligently identify when a change has been made to any event, and then mirror the change on GCal.

My other thought was this: On Google Calendar, if I delete my synced calendars, and then re-add them with the same URL, the new data is displayed.

Is there a zap I could run that would “Disconnect” the synced calendars for a second and then Re-sync them? Otherwise would need to delete (and re-add) all the calendars each time I make a change to an event, which isn’t worth the hassle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @MaxwellDarwin,

Based on your workflow you would probably need another Zap to update your Google Calendar events.

You’re on the right track of using the “Update Event in Google Calendar” action. What you’re missing is the “Find Event” action for you to be able to map the “Event” field with the Event ID from the “Find Event” step.

Hopefully, this helps!