Best answer

Create a Shipstation order based on Google Sheet data

• 25 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I’m attempting to create a Zap that looks for a new Google Sheet to be created in a folder, then takes the contents of that new Sheet and creates new Orders in ShipStation.

However, I’ve found that when I use the New Spreadsheet in Google Sheets option it only passes the details about that new spreadsheet instead of giving me the option to use the contents of that spreadsheet on the Create New Order in Shipstation. 

Any workaround or direction here would be great. 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 29 September 2020, 17:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This could be tricky if the whole sheet is added to Google Drive with all of the information already in it. To use Zapier with Google Sheets you’d generally use the New or Updated Spreadsheet Row trigger, where a new or updated row triggers the Zap and you can use the information from the Zap in the other steps of your Zap. 

How is the information laid out in the Google sheet? Is it in rows so that each row is an order for Ship Station and the different columns are different pieces of information to add to the order? 

If it’s not in rows, then it likely wont be possible to use it to create the ShipStation order. If it is, then you may need to add a bit of a manual step in where you copy and paste the information into a new sheet, which triggers the Zap and sets up the ShipStation order.