Question

Create a Productboard note without owner

• 7 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I want to create a new note in Productboard with Zapier. I want this note to not be assigned to someone, as we will sort them directly in the platform. 

However, the field is marked as “Required”. Can I enter a custom value, so the note won’t be assigned to anyone? And if so, what is this value?

Thank you,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @Valm -

I’d love to help you with this, however I need just a bit more information. Can you please tell me your trigger and action apps + steps? A screenshot of your overall setup would be extremely helpful as well. Looking forward to working with you on this! 

Userlevel 1

Hey @chanelle,

Thanks for helping on this!

Here is the step I am talking about. I want the note to be “Unassigned”. But the Note Owner is required by this step. What should I enter in this field to make sure the note is unassigned?

Available if you need more info.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Valm Ah, I see. Thank you for the clarifying screenshot! Since that field is required, there is no way to opt out of populating the field. But if you would not like to have data pulled from you previous step, you can fill it in with a custom value. It’s up to you what you would like that to look like, though if I were in your shoes I would likely go with a simple “N/A or Unassigned”. 

Userlevel 1

@chanelle Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I can’t enter a custom value, I need to pull an existing value.

I'll try it another way.

Thanks for your time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’m sorry this wasn’t able to be solved here in the Community, please let me know if you have any other questions or use cases I can help you work through!