Question

Create a dynamically updated contact list

• 9 May 2022
  • 1 reply

I know this is not the right place to start, but I know Zapier will somehow play a roll in end process regardless. Not sure what webapp we would need, or options, but I would like to create a shared contact phone and email list that updates dynamically as entries are added or removed from the master list. 

Id like to be able to give our upper level staff a link to subscribe to this list similar to a subscribed calendar. And that way their phones/devices are updated automatically as things are added and removed.

Any suggestions on where to start?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @COMEC!

The very first thing that comes to mind is Google Contacts. And I’ve got to admit, you can likely do what you want to do without Zapier. (But hey, think of us next time you need automation. We’re here!)

Google Contacts lets you create groups that can be followed, which would be similar to a subscribed calendar. If you remove someone from the master list entirely, they’re also removed from any groups as well. Here’s a Google article on Groups: https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9310148?hl=en.

Do you think that might do the trick? Let us know!