Skip to main content

We’d like to keep an overview of where people are working.

Could I use Zapier to sync work location from Google Calendar to e.g. Sheets and/or Slack?

I’m thinking this would be a daily scheduled sync, with possibly an additional Zap triggered on working location update. However I’ve not found an obvious way to get this info for all org members.

Hello @Jean 🤗

You may use zapier to sync work locations across google calendar; google sheets,. Create a daily zap that triggers on calendar events containing specified location related keywords. This Zap can collect location data and update a shared Google Sheet.

Hi @Jean 

Zap trigger: Schedule - Daily

If you are trying to pull multiple GCal Events, then the GCal API would need to be used.

https://developers.google.com/calendar/api/guides/overview

• API Request
  • Custom Action (with the help of AI)

Thanks for the responses so far. They’re not quite what I have in mind.

In Calendar you can set your normal working locations, and override it as needed by directly updating the calendar.

The event.list API looks relevant, however querying for {"eventTypes": :"workingLocation"]} returns 400 lines of events for one user. I would like to get just the working location for today, and I’d like to get it for all org members.

I realize that this is probably more of a Google API question than a Zapier question, but I’m hoping that someone here has struggled with this before.

@Jean 

You’d likely have to further refine the API request based on the API endpoint documentation.

Try asking ChatGPT for help configuring the proper API request.