Best answer

Copying existing Zoom videos to Vimeo

• 2 July 2021
  • 1 reply

All of the solutions I have found for copying videos from Zoom to Vimeo, including this one, seem to operate only when triggered by the end of a meeting. I have existing videos in Zoom from past meetings that I wish to copy to Vimeo. Clearly, the ability to copy videos from Z to V is present, but there seems to be no way to select one (preferably) or all existing Zoom recordings to copy. This is obviously only a matter of UI design, since the mechanism exists.

Is there a way I can select (preferably) and manually trigger copying of existing Zoom videos to Vimeo? Is it possible to specify a folder in the Vimeo account as a target?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 5 July 2021, 13:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Larry!

It’s not possible to create a Zap that will find all of the existing Zoom files and transfer them to vimeo, you can only create Zaps that will work with new information. 

That said, if you can add the public url for each Zoom video into an app like Google Sheets, you could use that to trigger sending the videos to Vimeo. This help guide explains how you can do that: Bulk import Data into Zaps. The quick version is that you create a Google Sheet with columns for the name of the video and the url, then you set up a Zap that looks like this:

Trigger: New row in Google Sheets

Action: Upload video in vimeo

When you add the video information into the sheet, it will automatically upload it to Vimeo. 

To answer your second question, it’s not currently possible to select a specific folder in Vimeo when you’re adding videos via a Zap.