Best answer

Copying a Google Sheet and IMPORTRANGE requires access to connect sheets

• 30 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a zap that copies an existing Google Sheet that includes an IMPORTRANGE calc (Google Sheet A). Within the original sheet access has been granted to read the data in the IMPORTRANGE calc (it pops up in the cell initially and you select allow access). The IMPORTRANGE calc is reading to a Google Sheet on the same local drive.

So the zap creates a copy of Google Sheet A and creates Google Sheet B. The next step of the zap provides users rights to anyone in our domain with the link (mindfulbirthing.org) to access the sheet. 

When I open the newly copied Google Sheet, the IMPORTRANGE calc requires me to manually “Allow Access” for the data to flow through. Any ideas of how to automate the access for this calc as part of the zap rather than a user having to manually step in? Any help will be gratefully received! 

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 30 December 2021, 15:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Ciara M 

I don’t believe there is a programmatic way to authorize access. The only solution that I am aware of is to alter the permissions of the spreadsheet file from which you are importing data. If the file is public, no need to authorize access. 

If that is not a viable solution, someone will have to continue to manually authorize it. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks a million for looking. I can’t make it public I’m afraid, so we’ll have to stick with the manual update. It’s not a great hardship but was looking for something slicker. Thanks for coming back so quickly.