Best answer

Copy Paste from Word to Excel

• 13 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone, I am new to Zapier. In my job I faced the task of making a glossary. That means I have to copy one line in Russian, then its equivalent in English & paste it the Excel file. Is there a way to partially automate this task? For example, if I highlight the line, and Zapier copies it and inserts it in the opened Excedl file?

If MS Word is not available, I think I could use Google Docs.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ikbelkirasan 14 November 2020, 18:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Anastasia Zatonskaya - Unfortunately, that can’t be done with Zapier. However, you might want to look into a less fun solution but could potentially work in your case. The solution is to use VBA macros to achieve what you want. Here’s an example I found: http://learnexcelmacro.com/wp/2012/01/how-to-copy-content-from-word-using-vba/

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Also, if you’re using Google Sheets & Google Docs, you might want to look into Google Apps Scripting to write a script that can copy & paste from a doc to a sheet. I’m not entirely sure whether or not this is possible though so you’ll have to try it out.

Userlevel 1

Thank you!