Question

copy from posts from slack *in threaded form* to ... e.g. google doc, or if necessary onenote

• 8 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I would like each post and reply in a slack channel to trigger a zap that makes a copy somewhere outside of slack. Best would be in google docs. This is easy to do if you don’t care about threading -- I have it working now. But replies to posts just get a new line at the bottom of the google doc, so the result is confusion -- a reply to a post appears next to a different, and later, post. 

I would like the zap to create some *threaded* form of copy from slack to something else. Best, again, is google docs. But, if I must, I could try onenote, if that is better. 

Is there a way to do this?

thanks in advance! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

I would like each post and reply in a slack channel to trigger a zap that makes a copy somewhere outside of slack. Best would be in google docs. This is easy to do if you don’t care about threading -- I have it working now. But replies to posts just get a new line at the bottom of the google doc, so the result is confusion -- a reply to a post appears next to a different, and later, post. 

I would like the zap to create some *threaded* form of copy from slack to something else. Best, again, is google docs. But, if I must, I could try onenote, if that is better. 

Is there a way to do this?

thanks in advance! 

Maybe the way to do it would involve creating a new google doc in a given folder for each top level post, and then putting replies in the doc? That wouldn’t be the best, but it would be worth trying. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @zoechow 

Your reply would be your best way. I would however suggest a different approach, why not use Google Sheets instead so the thread can be in one cell? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @zoechow! I’d love to know how you’re getting on with this? Were you able to try out your own or Moh’s solution? If you still need some help with this, let us know!