Question

Copy email attachment from Gmail to Google drive without changing the file extension.

• 30 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I am trying to create a zap that sees a new Gmail email come in with a specific subject and then copy it’s attachment to a google share.  I’ve got it sort of working but it keeps changing the csv file extension to .gdoc.  

Also, if possible, I would like it to overwrite the existing file if the new emails attachment has the same name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ibgeek 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us more context, thanks.

Unfortunately, this is for a client so I can’t take screen shots but let me try to describe the setup as best I can verbally. 

The trigger is GMAIL, New email matching search.  
From there we selected a specific subject name.  
We sent an email with the specific subject name and ran the test.  It found the email.

For the Action we selected Google Drive and Upload a file.
We selected all attachments (unshown)
Convert file is set to false.
We selected a Google Drive share.  

The test is successful, but we are seeing the file extension being converted to .gdoc

Hope that is enough info.  I’m sure the Trigger is fine, but there is a setting that I’ve messed up in the trigger.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ibgeek 

Instead, try using this Zap trigger: Gmail - New Attachment