Question

Converting image url from HubSpot form submission to .jpeg file

• 8 November 2022
  • 4 replies

In need of some help on this one. 

I have a simple zap that creates a Google doc from a template when a form is submitted in HubSpot. (below)

The problem is that the images submitted in the form (the property is a file upload) are URLs/.heic files. The screenshot below is from step 3, where the form inputs are matched to fields in the Google doc. 

When the document is created, this is the result (below): 

What do I need to do in order to have these show up in the Google doc as actual images (preferable jpeg or png)?

I have a feeling the solution is simple and I’m just overlooking it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Perihelion!

When you look at the data from the form in the trigger step, are there any fields that are called something like ‘file’ or ‘attachments’? I’m wondering if there’s a different field that you could use for the images. 

Also, are those HubSpot links accessible if you aren’t signed in to HubSpot? It’s useful to know as we’re thinking about workarounds. 

Thanks!

Thanks for the response @Danvers

Unfortunately, no. There aren’t other options for ‘file’ or ‘attachments’ in any of the steps. 

In the HubSpot form, the field is a file upload (below) but appears in submissions as those URLs. 

I thought Formatter by Zapier may be a good solution but haven’t had any luck so far. 

The form creates a ticket and the form fields are actually ticket properties. The images also show up as URLs in the tickets. (below)

It also appears that these images are not accessible if you are not signed into HubSpot. I’m glad you pointed that out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Perihelion, just wanted to check back in here. Were you able to find resolution for the issue you were facing?

@chanelle Thanks for checking in. No, I have not found a resolution for this issue.