Question

Converting a Google Doc File to Mircosoft Word

• 20 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have a simple question. Is there a way for me to convert a generated google doc into microsoft word?

Currently, I have a zap where it will generate a google doc and I have to manually click into the google document and click download - save as - docx (microsoft word) format.

Is there a way I can eliminate this manual step and have zapier automatically do a conversion from google doc to microsoft word?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Hi,

I have a simple question. Is there a way for me to convert a generated google doc into microsoft word?

Currently, I have a zap where it will generate a google doc and I have to manually click worldbox mod apk into the google document and click download - save as - docx (microsoft word) format.

Is there a way I can eliminate this manual step and have zapier automatically do a conversion from google doc to microsoft word?

Yes, you can convert a Google Doc into Microsoft Word format. Here's how you can do it:

1. Open the Google Doc you want to convert.
  2. Go to the "File" menu at the top-left corner of the screen.
  3. Select the "Download" option from the drop-down menu.
  4. Choose the "Microsoft Word (.docx)" format.
  5. The Google Doc will be downloaded to your computer as a Word document (.docx) file.

Once the download is complete, you can open the downloaded file using Microsoft Word on your computer. This allows you to work with the document in Word and make any necessary edits or formatting changes.

Userlevel 1

@RicardoRemy Thank you for replying, however I think you misread my original post. That is what I have been doing. I do it all manually.

I’m wondering if there is a zapier zap that can do the conversion between google docs to microsoft word for me automatically.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @dennymah,

I wouldn’t anticipate that being a problem!

You can use the Google Docs New Document or New Document in Folder trigger since it can return the file as a .docx format.

20595f74cd317957ccc695fd0ed20720.png
(view larger)

Then you can use Google Drive to upload the file as .docx. Like so:

e563a029acd6c6eaaa75acc86bd67d87.png
(view larger)

The overall Zap setup should look like this:

1. Trigger: Google Docs (New Document/New Document in Folder)
  2. Action: Google Drive (Upload File)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

To convert a Google Docs file to a Microsoft Word format, you have a couple of options:

Option 1: Download as Word Document
1. Open the Google Docs file you want to convert.
2. Click on "File" in the menu at the top.
3. Select "Download" and choose "Microsoft Word (.docx)" from the options.
4. The file will be downloaded to your computer in the Word format.

Option 2: Use the "Save As" feature
1. Open the Google Docs file you want to convert.
2. Click on "File" in the menu at the top.
3. Select "Save As Microsoft Word" from the options.
4. A dialog box will appear, allowing you to choose the file name and location where you want to save the Word file.
5. Click on "Save" to convert and save the file in the Word format.

Once you've completed either of these options, you will have a Microsoft Word document (.docx) version of your Google Docs file.

Web Design and Development