Question

I want to update or create a new contact in a specific Constant Contact list when a form is submitted

• 24 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’m creating a zap where I want to update a contact or create a new contact but only for a particular list in Constant Contact.

I have an initial zap that ads new leads to my list but errors if they fill out the form again with updated info.

Our account has many lists and I don’t want to touch other lists.

If I create a zap using Find or Create Contact in Constant Contact can you limit the finding to a particular list in Constant Contact? If so, how?

Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @marketer101 let’s see if I can help guide you through this. To better assist you I would need a screenshot of the current Zap set up you have. I imagine this is possible and would like to see if the option presents itself through one of the fields used to set up the Zap. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Channelle,

Here is what I get when creating the zap.  Note that under Action is where it looks for a contact based on the email address.  No way to filter based on a list.  Down below when creating a new lead I get to select a list but not when searching.  Also see options in second image below.  Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @marketer101 

Good question.

Try this Zap step logic:

1. Trigger: ???
  2. Action: ???
  3. Action: Constant Contact - Find Contact
  4. Action: Filter
    1. Check if found
  5. Action: Paths
    1. NOTE: Paths require a Zapier Professional plan.
  6. Action: Path A - Filter
    1. Results from Step 4 is FALSE
    2. Means Contact does not yet exist
  7. Action: Path A - Constant Contact - Create Contact
    1. Create contact AND add to the list
  8. Action: Path B - Filter
    1. Results from Step 4 is TRUE AND List does not contain X
  9. Action: Path B - Constant Contact - Update Contact
    1. Update the desired data points AND add to the list
  10. Action: Path C - Filter
    1. Results from Step 4 is TRUE AND List contains X
  11. Action: Path C - Constant Contact - Update Contact