Question

Connection to MySQL hosted on RDS (but using the Zapier MySQL app method)

• 8 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Can anyone point me to an article explaining (step by step) the procedure to connect a (zapier) MySQL app - where the database is hosted on an RDS.  Note I do not want to use the (zapier) Amazon Relational Database link - as the only trigger it has is for ‘new database’ (and why would anyone need that trigger?)

I’m trying to trigger off a new row in mysql - but yes, struggling to get connection working.

Note I have read articles about connecting database, even mysql database - but nothing that links a MySQL database that is hosted on RDS.  Love any help here.

My attempts thus far have failed at the authentication step.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @chrisg101, welcome to the Community! 👋

We don’t have an article that gives a step by step guide on how to connect to RDS hosted database unfortunately. But we do have some RDS specific documentation giving details about needing to add 54.86.9.50/32 to your security group as a CIDR/IP authorization. More on how to do that can be found here: Amazon RDS/EC2

Not sure whether you’ve tried that already, but hopefully that’ll help. Please do let us know whether it does the trick!