Question

Connecting Shopify Customers to Sendinblue Lists by Country

• 22 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I want to create a zap between Shopify and Brevo (Sendinblue).

I want that when a customer from a certain country buys on Shopify, it will add that customer's information in a certain list in Brevo (Sendinblue) based on that customer's country.

Example:
I have 2 lists in Brevo (Sendinblue), one list for USA and one for Canada.
A customer from USA buys a product, I want that customer to be added to the USA list only.

How can I do this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jotas10, welcome to the Community!

Hmm, there’s a couple of ways I can think of to handle this. 

1) Create duplicate Zap for each country

This option could work well if you’re only ever going going to have two lists. Here you’d have two Zaps that would both trigger for the order on Shopify, but each would have a Filter by Zapier action that what country the customer is from. So the USA version would have a filter set up so that it would only continue if the Country Code field (Text) Contains the value “US”. Then the subsequent Brevo/Sendinblue action would add them to the USA list. And the other Zap would check for the Country Code field for “CA” and the Brevo/Sendinblue action would add them to the Canada list.

If you’ve not worked with filters in Zaps before you can find out more about how to set them up here: Add conditions to Zaps with filters  

2) Create a lookup table
If you might have lots of different country lists in the future then this may be a better option. For this, you’d create a lookup table which would have a list of the country values sent by Shopify, and the corresponding IDs for the relevant country list in Brevo/Sendinblue. Then if a new country list is added you can just add it to the Lookup table and not have to duplicate the Zap.

It also allows you to set a fallback value so if the user is from a country that isn’t mentioned in the lookup table you can assign it to a different list ID. With this option you would then use the custom value option on the Brevo/Sendinblue action when selecting the list. This would allow you to select the list ID that’s output by the Formatter action. 

You can find out more about how to create lookup tables and custom values here: 

Hope that helps. If you run into any issues in giving either of those options a try let us know. Really happy to help further! 🙂