Question

Connect Excel to HubSpot using Zapier

• 23 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

We are currently using HubSpot for all marketing emails, including internal marketing emails.

We consistently run into issues with keeping an updated internal contact list. We will able to generate an excel file that will stay updated based off our HR database, so we are looking to use Zapier to create contacts in HubSpot from and excel spreadsheet.

I have tested this and it does work, but I am just wondering if anyone else has done this before and can share any best practices? Additionally, how do you handle when a row is removed from a spreadsheet? Thanks!

Best,

Emily

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi & welcome @edemarco ! 

Tagging in a couple of our Certified Experts who specialize in HubSpot and may be able to share some best practices. @Tristan @kriszielinski would love your take here! TIA!

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone

Thanks @Liz_Roberts for tagging me!

@edemarco regarding your query 

I am just wondering if anyone else has done this before and can share any best practices? Additionally, how do you handle when a row is removed from a spreadsheet?

For best practices, they are also related to a specific case scenario, so I’m not sure if I am able to just share an accurate one, but for the second part - when a row is removed from a spreadsheet I guess you’d like to get rid of that person from the system as well right?

Because if not then I don’t think there anything to worry about?

Let me know if I have properly understood your question.

I’m happy to help you further in here as soon as you’ll provide more details

Cheers,
Kris

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @edemarco! How are you? Just wanted to pop in and see if Kris understood your question properly and if you needed any further assistance? 

Userlevel 1

@kriszielinski Hey Kris! Sorry I was out at the end of last week. 

For the second half of your question, yes, if an individual is removed from the spreadsheet then should be deleted as a contact in HubSpot. When I tried doing this myself, I did it based off if the excel row was updated, and it was finicky.

Userlevel 1

Hey

We’ve implemented a solution like this already for one of our clients and it works for him pretty well.

Please get in touch with us through

https://zapier.com/experts/seamless-automation

We’ll show you how it works and you’ll tell us if that’s something you would be interested in

Thanks and hoping to get in touch soon

Kris

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @edemarco ! Checking back in to see if you were able to get this workflow up and running. Let us know!

Userlevel 1

@Liz_Roberts Hey Liz - I reached out to Kris for more information and to see if he could offer different options. I’m currently waiting to hear back from my leadership about what route they would like to take. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@edemarco thanks for keeping us posted! I’d be curious to hear more about why you’re needing to utilize an excel sheet in this workflow. What purpose is it serving? I’d really love to hear more about the desired outcome so we can do a bit of brainstorming here!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @edemarco,

Sorry for the late reply. Just adding on to the great support that the others have already provided there might also be some other options:

1. Integrate directly with your HR software and plug it into Hubspot (via Zapier or another way)
  2. Simply import the spreadsheet straight into Hubspot and with a workflow automatically add/remove staff from the appropriate Hubspot list

Happy to explain in more detail and discuss Hubspot & Zapier workflows if you’re still looking for a solution.

Cheers,
Tristan