Question

Connect ALL Zoom events to Zapier-->Mailchimp

• 8 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I want to automatically have Zapier trigger a Zoom webinar registrant be added to Mailchimp, across multiple events.  Currently, it appears the process is to select a specific Zoom event and have it add to Mailchimp, one event at a time.  This is PAINFUL as I have multiple events per week, week in and week out, that I need to connect. 

IS there a better way?  

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @langellphotography 

Yes, currently via Zapier, the trigger for Zoom New Registrant requires an Upcoming Webinar be selected.

The alternative to look into is more technical and involves the Zoom API: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference

Userlevel 1

Thank you Troy…  much appreciated.  Helpful answer!

Unfortunately that nearly negates the entire reason why I would use Zapier with Zoom to connect with mailchimp.  Have to think about it as that is a lot of manual work coming back to me that I am paying another service to do. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @langellphotography 

It might be possible to set up a workaround using email notifications. If you enable host notifications when someone registers for an event, you may be able to use the notifications as a trigger for you Zap. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@langellphotography 

If using Zapier, consider creating a Zap template that can be easily/quickly cloned and updated for new Webinars, then just schedule a reminder for yourself to turn off the OLD Zaps, and setup and turn on the NEW Zaps.

Might be a happy medium all things considered.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@langellphotography 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?