Best answer

conditionally create document

• 7 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I tried using G Docs find file, or G drive find file as intermediate step. Can’t stop the flow if file already exist.

How do I stop the same G Doc from being created if it already exist?

My input is a form with possibly same client name but different property addresses.

Each time a unique address is in the form, i want it to create a property sheet under client folder but if client sheet exists, only create property sheet and not client sheet again.

icon

Best answer by wishstr 8 October 2022, 02:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi again @wishstr 😁

Same logic of my reply to your other question 

A simple google sheet having this data would help you greatly 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Again thanks for the suggestion.

I tried something similar. I moved the creation of this client sheet to the bottom after all else are created.

Then because one of the previous steps actually called google sheet, I added a filter to say if Client does not exist, then proceed. So now when I create multiple folders for new properties, they don’t create multiple copies of the client sheet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @wishstr!

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to set up your Zap the way you needed based on Moh’s suggestion. Great work putting it into action 🙌🏻