Best answer

Conditional Logic on Google Docs

• 22 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am working on a zap that creates a Google docs from a template. It retrieves the data from Airtable and replaces the {{placeholders}} properly.

Where I am struggling is to have a conditional functionality within Google Docs. What I need is to have a certain paragraph included when the user selects a radio button on a form.

For example:

If the user selects “Argentina” the following text should appear: “Argentina is currently (...)”. On the other hand, if the user selects “Brazil” the following text should appear: “Brazil is a fantastic country (...)”

I am aware that I can achieve the result utilizing Zapier functionalities but due to my business model I need the conditional to be handled within Google Docs if that is possible.

Would very much appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Rodrigo

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 22 January 2024, 22:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RodrigoCura 

Have you tried using the concept of a Lookup Table?

You’d have a {{PLACEHOLDER}} be dedicated to the results from the lookup table step in your Zap.

Userlevel 1

Hi @RodrigoCura 

Have you tried using the concept of a Lookup Table?

You’d have a {{PLACEHOLDER}} be dedicated to the results from the lookup table step in your Zap.

Thanks it works well to transform an input into the text I would like to add. However, zapier then doesn’t modify the placeholder as the name of the value gets changed by the lookup table and does not match the name of the placeholder anymore.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RodrigoCura 

You would map the output of the Lookup Table to the Field in the GDoc step.

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured to give us more context?

Userlevel 1

I managed to fix it. Thank you very much for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an amazing news @RodrigoCura! Big thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗