Best answer

Collect Zap and filter Zap triggers?

• 21 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi guys!

Would it be possible for Zapier to catch all triggers for a specific Zap during the day and then, at a defined time, perform some operations on those triggers and then discard some and release others? I strongly assume this is not possible, at least not in a way that wouldn't inflate my use of Tasks astronomically even though the initial idea behind it was to reduce the number of Tasks performed. Out of curiosity though, I still wonder how to go about this type of question...

Background: So I have a CRM and to perform some consistency checks (duplicate record checks) I need the data to be available outside the CRM, it should be SOMEWHAT up to date. I basically push all new and updated CRM entries to a Google Sheet (PieSync could be a much easier option, but for the sake of argument...). Now: There might be a lot of edits to an entry in the CRM in a single day, however, I don't need each change to be pushed by Zapier to the GSheet. Let's say, I want the GSheet to only be updated once each end of business day. So,would it be feasible to release only one (the last one) Trigger per specific CRM entry per day?

icon

Best answer by ikbelkirasan 21 February 2020, 13:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @davidweiss

So, instead of triggering the zap on each edit. Here's a simpler approach:

Step 1. Schedule a zap to run at the end of the day.

Step 2. Find records in your CRM that were updated within the current day.

Step 3. Push the records to Google Sheets.

Userlevel 2

@ikbelkirasan quick follow-up: you write "Step 2. Find records in your CRM that were updated within the current day.". how though? as far as i see there isn't a way to do that with zapier. what i can do, is sending out a trigger on each change from copper, but going through copper at the end of the day and identify each record that was updated at least once within the last 24 hours...how?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@davidweiss - Which CRM are you using? Doesn't it provide a search step to find and filter records based on some criteria?

Userlevel 2

I use Copper...but irrespective of that my question is about workflow: I'm not sure how a workflow that you suggested would look like apart from cycling through ALL records in the CRM and determine for EACH one whether it was changed today or not...To think this further: I guess it could be done somehow if I managed to get a list of ALL record IDs, cycle through them somehow with Zapier Storage and push values onto a list...is that what you're suggesting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@davidweiss - I've just looked at the official Copper CRM integration. Unfortunately, the search steps don't seem to allow searching for updated records. But you can definitely achieve that with a custom Copper integration. Copper API provides search functionality and I tested it for leads. Take a look here https://developer.copper.com/leads/list-leads-search.html

You can sort by date_modified field and filter the records using minimum_modified_date and maximum_modified_date

Userlevel 2

Thank you! That sounds like the way to go. I'm not experienced with writing custom integrations though, but this seems to be what i'm looking into next.