Best answer

Cognito Order Form creates new Invoice for new Customer in Quickbooks

• 7 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am using a Cognito order form and want to use Zapier to create a new Invoice in Quickbooks after the form is submitted. Most submissions will come from users who are not yet customers in my Quickbooks. Looking for guidance on how the workflow can create a new customer record and then create a new invoice all based on the order form submission details.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 10 June 2020, 13:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @dhuber24

The exact steps in the Zap will depend on the kind of information that you’re getting from Cognito Forms, but broadly speaking, it will look like this:

1. Cognito Forms - the trigger depends on what you want to happen in Cognito Forms to trigger the Zap (eg new form, new payment, etc)
  2. QuickBooks - Find Customer (there’s a tickbox that says ‘Create Customer if not found’ tick that and add any details for new customers that will be added)
  3. QuickBooks - Create Invoice - for the Customer, use the ID of the customer (not their email address/name) that will have been found in the previous step

The key thing is that you add the Find Customer step before the Create Invoice step, then use the Customer ID as a custom value for Customer in the Create Invoice step. 

Will this work with google form as well? I am teying to do same thing. Where would I find this script or algorithm? I am new. Or looking to hire someone to do for us. So lost here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @DebiT63, thanks for writing to us. It looks like you could head over to the Work Offered section to post up this as a project you’d like for someone to work with you on. Or you may check out our Experts directory here: https://zapier.com/experts/ to find a certified Zapier Expert of your liking to help you with this. Thanks!