Best answer

Clust to DocuSign

• 27 March 2020
  • 3 replies

After years of ‘thinking’ about using zaps, finally trying to give it go.

I have connected CLUST to Zapier with the API

The two connect, and I can pull in test data.

But the test data is not the fields on the form the client has completed, but rather information about the form.  eg. the form owner, the due date on it, etc.   I want to see the fields the client filled in on the Clust form.   I see them referenced but only in a big long string.

Then I wanted to use the form fields to complete a DocuSign template I have… saying ok, form Clust take the phone number an put it on DocuSign Template 123 the phone number field.   However, I can’t seem to see the fields of a DocuSign template being available.

In the end all I am really trying to do is have client fill in a Clust Form, and when its submitted, have it sent to docusign for it to go out for signing.   

What am I not understanding here?   

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 7 April 2020, 16:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @woodennickel ,

Thanks for reaching out! Happy to hear you’re giving Zaps a go but sorry you are running into an issue here. 

Do you see a dropdown “Customize Signature Request” under under Step 2 (Create Signature Request in DocuSign) where you can select your DocuSign template? If so, try selecting the template and running the Zap to see if the correct data from Clust pulls through!

If not or if the incorrect data comes through, can you please send over a screenshot of your configuration to help us dig deeper?

Thank you!

That part works.  Clust is connected.  DocuSign is connect.   Both test fine.

What I cannot do is map the fields from the Clust Form to the DocuSign template (not the email address, but the fields within the 2 forms).

OR 

Send the Clust form as-is for a signature.

Maybe the form fields are not accessible on these apps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @woodennickel! The DocuSign Zapier integration doesn’t currently support custom fields, so you can’t add information into the request, sorry about that! We do have a feature request open for this and I’ve added you as an interested user. This lets the team know how many folks would like to see this addition and also means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update.