Question

Close IO - “We couldn’t find a custom activity” error

• 2 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi incredible Zapier community! Hoping to crowd source this issue. 

I can’t get a zap to find test data and I can’t get it to fire off.

We are using close.io crm and connecting zapier so we can pass data into a Google Spreadsheet. We have a zap triggering on “New or Updated Custom Activity in Close” and are connected with an admin account. 

There are probably thousands of custom activity records - however we keep getting a message saying “We coudln’t find a custom activity.” Looking for any insight on how to get this to run properly.

We’ve have tried connecting different admin and owner accounts with the same result. Any suggestions or insights are welcome. 

Thanks!

andrew

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Sharpteam 

New or Updated Custom Activity is an instant trigger, for that you need to create a new activity after setting up the trigger step. After creating or updating an activity then click on test, activities should show up then.

Hi @Sharpteam 

New or Updated Custom Activity is an instant trigger, for that you need to create a new activity after setting up the trigger step. After creating or updating an activity then click on test, activities should show up then.

Thanks for the response!

That’s what we would expect. No matter what we just keep getting the message that no custom activities could be found in your account. Meanwhile we have a sales team that uses them all day long so there are plenty of examples. I’ve got a request into Zapier support - hoping that someone else maybe ran into this. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks!