Question

Clio Not Creating Matter from Zap

• 30 August 2021
  • 7 replies

I have created a zap that takes a clients information from Mighty forms and I am trying to get Zapier to create a contact, find the contact and then create a matter in CLIO manage. In Zapier when I test out the process it works, but when I have a client outside try it, it skips the CLIO steps and goes past it to sending the client an email. So the Zap is working, but not correctly. I have reached out to zapier for support but have not received help. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Credit Error Law 

Please post screenshots of how each Zap step is configured for us to review, thanks.

Also check your Zap Runs to help you troubleshoot by looking at the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. ​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Credit Error Law 

Does your Zap only have 2 steps?

In your original posting, you mentioned creating a matter and sending an email.

Perhaps try these Zap steps for Clio.

1. Trigger: MightyForms - New Submission
  2. Action: Clio - Create Person
  3. Action: Clio - Create Matter
    1. map the Person ID from step 2

It has more steps including sending a Slack message to our firm, a zipwhip message to the client and an email that we have received the form we filled out. Those steps are not having trouble though so I did not send them. The form submission completely skips the clio steps, but will send the slack, zipwhip and email from outlook.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Credit Error Law 

In the screenshots previously provided, it only shows Step 2 as a Clio step.

I added all of them but I think they got edited for violating community standards with personal information, it was all on our testing screen and not personal as it was a made up person, but it was removed. It is step 1: Mightyform Submission, Step 2: Create Contact in Clio, Step 3: Find Contact in Clio, Step 4: Create matter from contact in Clio, Step 5: Send Stack to Firm, Step 6: Create Contact in Zipwhip, Step 7: Sent SMS in ZipWhip, Step 8: Send email from outlook

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Credit Error Law 

You shouldn’t need Step 3 (Clio - Find Contact), as you should be able to map the Contact ID from Step 2 (Clio - Create Contact) to the Step (Clio - Create Matter).