Question

Clickup tasks not created from spreadsheets

• 17 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I created a zap which creates a task in Clickup when a new row is added into a spreadsheet. Tested it and it worked. But after the zap was turned on, tasks werent created in Clickup even if data was added in the trigger column in a new row. 

Can some one please help me out with this? 

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bishi 

Check your Zap Runs to see if the Zap triggered and if there were any Zap step errors: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

The Google Sheets trigger is marked "instant" but it still takes a few minutes to trigger

The triggers for Google Sheets are unique among Zapier triggers. When there is a trigger event in the spreadsheet, Zapier gets a notification webhook from Google about this. After that, Zapier sends Google Sheets a request for new data, so it uses both the polling and instant trigger methods. This process takes about 3 minutes overall.

While not being "instant", these triggers are faster than regular polling ones, as they don't depend on the polling interval of the plan your account uses.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thanks for your response. I also had a few other questions with me:

1. If data is added in the trigger column in a google sheet and then deleted, will it delete the task in clickup?
  2. Can we create a zap in which all the custom fields in the sheet is added to clickup as well?
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bishi 

1. If data is added in the trigger column in a google sheet and then deleted, will it delete the task in clickup?
    Only, if a Zap is configured to do so.
    There is no ClickUp Action to delete.
    You’d have to use the ClickUp API: https://clickup.com/api

2. Can we create a zap in which all the custom fields in the sheet is added to clickup as well?