Question

ClickUp Move Task to another List

• 14 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Possible to move ClickUp Task to another list? Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @huangjls,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dive deeper, are you trying to move existing tasks to a new list in ClickUp? If so, I believe that won’t be possible because Zaps are only built to look at new and incoming information, and won't process existing data. You can read a bit more about this here: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/why-isnt-my-zap-triggering-on-existing-records

However, if you’re moving new task to another list in ClickUp. You may want to try this Zap setup:

1. Trigger: ClickUp - New Task
  2. Action: ClickUp - Update Task

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

I am trying to move a ‘WIP’ task in List A to an existing List B in ClickUp. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for clarifying that @huangjls. I did some checking and it doesn’t seem that the Update Task action for ClickUp currently has the ability to select a different list for the task to be moved to. I couldn’t locate any existing feature requests for this functionality so I’d recommend contacting our Support team to put in a request for this to be added to the ClickUp app. 

In the meantime, I wonder if you could use ClickUp’s API request (Beta) action to make a request to ClickUp’s API and to move the task to a different list. ClickUp appear to have an Add Task To List endpoint that would allow you to add a task to a specific list.

It’s a bit more advanced than setting up the usual ClickUp actions so if you’re not comfortable working with API documentation and setting up webhooks this might not be an ideal solution, but thought it worth mentioning here just in case. If you’d like to learn more about how to use that type of action please check out our Set up an API request action guide.

And if you run into any issues on implementing that just let us know, always happy to further assist! 🙂