Best answer

Clickup -> Google Sheets, extract only "active/chosen" value from custom field?

• 10 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there, 

I have a workflow that takes metadata from tasks in clickup and adds this to a Google Sheet, this work perfectly except for one thing and that is the custom fields. In the Sheet there is a header called “Type” which is where it should display what type of work has been done (Webdev, Advertising, Report, etc..) this is chosen in ClickUp with a custom field(labels) where whoever creates the task selects the appropriate type. 

The issue is that I would of course like it to only insert the type that has been selected in the ClickUp task, i.e. Type: Webdev

However right now instead of pulling only the “active/chosen” type it simply outputs all of them, i.e, 
Type: Webdev, Advertisin, Report. This is even though it is only Webdev that is chosen in the ClickUp task. 

Is there a way to ensure that only the actively chosen label gets pulled?

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 11 February 2021, 14:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @AproposBureau 

Can you please share screenshots of how the data is returned in your trigger step? 

Is there any indication for which “Type” was selected? 

Userlevel 1

Hi @GetUWired 

Yes of course, there does not seem to be any indication of which “Type” was selected, merely the option to get information on what the different options are. Unless i am not seeing something: 

Data IN
Data Out
Options within Zap. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@AproposBureau 

You need to look for a field that has “value” in the title. Please see below, you will notice the value returned is the id of the option selected from your field so you may need to implement a lookup table in Zapier or a formula in Google Sheet. https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-lookup-tables-in-zaps 

*ADVANCED*
If you decide to go the Google Sheets formula way instead of the look up table you can use a switch statement similar to below where you dynamically place the value and then provide options to match against. As you can see, Google will output the result that matches (in my case option 2). https://support.google.com/docs/answer/7013690?hl=en 

Userlevel 1

@GetUWired 

That works perfectly thank you! :D