Best answer

Click-up to Google Cal

Userlevel 1

Hi There, I’m having a nightmare with my Zap between Click-Up and Google Calendar.

I use Click-up for my social media content so once a post is approved it is moved into the ‘scheduled’ collumn within Click-up.

I want a Zap to activate when a task moves to ‘scheduled’ within Click-up and to appear as an all day event in Google Cal on it’s designated ‘Due date’ to be posted.

At the moment, I have to select a start and end time for the zap to work, but because this ‘event’ doesn’t actually have that, I have to select ‘due date’ for both start & end options but it won’t appear properly in Google Cal.

Every time I try this the event adds itself to google across multiple days starting at a random point in time or it works for a while and then breaks.

Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Sam

icon

Best answer by SamB 7 September 2021, 15:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sam_Tern Heads 

Are you creating an all-day event?

All-day events in Google Calendar end at midnight on the last day, so they're exclusive of the end date. For example, an event created via Zapier for August 10 - August 15 will appear to span August 10 - August 14 in Google Calendar, because the event will end at 12:00:00 on August 15.

To fix this:

• Update your trigger data so that it lasts for an extra day.
  • Or, modify the end date in your Zap directly by adjusting the date/time to include +1d. This will cause the event to last for an extra day.
Userlevel 1

Thanks Troy,

It is an all day event but unfortunately I don’t know how to add this information into the Zap form with regards to Click-up.

I would like the entry to appear in Google Calendar as an all day event and the bit I’m stuck on is what to add in the boxes for ‘start’ and ‘end’ time as I want the all day event to appear whenever the due date is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here to add that when creating an event using the Google Calendar integration you’ll need to ensure that the date is supplied in MM/DD/YYYY format to prevent the date being interpreted incorrectly: Is the event created on the wrong date, specifically with the month and day switched?

To do that you’d use a Formatter (Date / time > Format) action to convert the date (in the above example this would be the Task Due Date from ClickUp). Then select the reformatted date that’s output from the Formatter step in the Start Date & Time and End Date & Time fields. More on how to format dates here: 

Next, as Troy mentioned, you’d need to add +1d to the end date. You would do that by typing in +1d into the End Date & Time field to ensure that the all-day event spans the entire previous day. Like so:

75d2c36f143c9e2309f06e70f1ea3d87.png