Best answer

Check if email exists in Mailjet. If yes update, if not create

• 18 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do the following. I am using Recruitee (recruiting system) as the trigger. Recruitee provides eg. the email of a new candidate. Now I want to sync this email and some of the related data like eg. tags, salutation etc. with Mailjet.

Here are the conditions:

1. If the email already exists in Mailjet, the data from Recruitee should be used to update the data in Mailjet (Update Preferences).
  2. If the email does not exist in Mailjet, the candidate shall be created and subscribed to a certain mailing list.

To do this, in a first step Zapier must compare the email from Recruitee with the existing emails in Mailjet. I have not found out how to do this. Maybe I am just too blind to see it. Can you please advise?

Thanks for any support!

Uwe

icon

Best answer by christina.d 20 December 2022, 08:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @piquano 

Mailjet doesn’t seem to have a search action in Zapier unlike Mailchimp or ActiveCampaign. That makes it hard to setup the logic you mentioned.

The first thing you can do is always create contact, that means add the Create Subscriber action after recruitee trigger, this should create/update contact even if the email already exists.

If that doesn’t help, you can use the logic below:

• Trigger: Recruitee
  • Action: Use mailjet API from Webhook by Zapier or Code by zapier to search if the contact exists or not
  • Use path to create or update the contact

Hi @robschmidt ,

Thanks for you advise. You are right. Mailjet does not offer these options.

As regards the Webhook or Code logic I probably have to dive a bit deeper into Zapier. From scratch I don’t know how to use these obviously powerful tools.

Regards

Uwe

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @piquano 

Mailjet doesn’t seem to have a search action in Zapier unlike Mailchimp or ActiveCampaign. That makes it hard to setup the logic you mentioned.

The first thing you can do is always create contact, that means add the Create Subscriber action after recruitee trigger, this should create/update contact even if the email already exists.

If that doesn’t help, you can use the logic below:

• Trigger: Recruitee
  • Action: Use mailjet API from Webhook by Zapier or Code by zapier to search if the contact exists or not
  • Use path to create or update the contact

Hey there, @piquano

I wanted to swing by and let ya know I did some digging. It looks like there is an open feature request for a “Find Contact” search action which sounds like what you’d need to get this working. I added your vote to it and while it doesn’t guarantee implementation, it’s the best way to stay in the loop if that changes. We’ll also be sure to keep the thread updated as well. 🙂

Thanks for sharing your feedback in community!