Best answer

Check calendar and run different outcomes if the event exists or not

• 1 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi :) 

I am blocked ^^ i have a google calendar. In my google calendar, i have my professionnal event, and personnal event. 

I am working for an other company, and they have a proper calendar that not sync with anything. In this company, students take appointment with me, and i received after a mail to inform me.

I explain you the flow i tried to do.

I receive the mail on gmail labeled OC

After i would like to check on google calendar if i am available a this date and this time (i am trying to use find an event of G calendar)

After i put conditionnaly run (if i am available and if not) But i am blocked… 

Could you help me please ? Thanks

icon

Best answer by jesse 24 December 2020, 20:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Lorytif -

This is what solutions like Calendly are designed to do. They interface directly with your calendar, and only let folks schedule when you’re not booked. You could probably do it through Zapier, but it would be harder than it needs to be vs. an app you can usually use for free.

Userlevel 1

Thanks, i am using already calendly but in that case its not possible. I haven't the choice where students book. I can just say after if finally it's possible or not 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Lorytif just wanted to Chime in here! @adamsmartschan is correct that Calendly would likely be the best solution here and I believe they may have some advanced features to help you with the availability logic you’re after. We’d suggest reaching out to their support team for some suggestions. Please do keep us posted should they offer a working solution! We’d love to have it posted here for others wanting to build the same kind of workflow. :slight_smile: