Question

Changing Email of Zapier

• 12 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

Having just a horrible customer experience with Zapier’s customer support, who will just reply with an outdated article that does not work.

Has anyone had any success in changing their Zapier email?

1. The directions of the website are to go to your Zapier account settings
  2. disconnect the old email
  3. enter in a new email (cannot be a current Zapier account)
  4. Check the new email for a link
  5. Click the link and login

Steps 4 and 5 I always fail with the link either saying invalid OR the account saying not registered. If I register the account then the link goes to invalid.

Done it about 10 times and Zapier’s “wonderful” customer service simply sends me a link to a website telling me what I’ve already summarized above.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @BFish87

I’m sorry you’ve not had a good experience with the Support Team, that’s disappointing to hear and I’ll pass on your feedback to them. 

Let’s see if we can get you switched to your new email address. 

If I cover something that you’ve already tried, I apologize, I just want to make sure that we’re covering all the bases. 

If the old email address on the Zapier account is a Google account, you need to disconnect it from your Zapier account. To do that, you need to set a new password for Zapier and then:

• Go to your advanced settings.
  • Click Sign in with.
  • Next to your Google account, click Disconnect.
  • Navigate to this page and enter your email address, then click Send reset instructions.
  • You’ll receive an email containing a link to reset your password.
  • Go to your email inbox and click the link in the email, then set a new password for your Zapier account.

Secondly, have you tried copying and pasting the link into a browser window instead of clicking on the link? Some email apps strip out parts of the link that are necessary for it to function properly. The best thing to do is to copy the link and then paste it into a browser window that isn’t logged into your old account (ie open a new window, and make sure that you’re logged out of any sites that would use your old email to log in or use an incognito window) and paste the link into that window. 

If the link works correctly, sign into Zapier using your email address and the password that you set up - do not use single sign on/Google. You can connect your Google account at a later stage. 

Could you give those a go and see if that helps?