Best answer

Changing an answer from Typeform to a TRUE/FALSE in Google Sheet

• 31 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Might be simple but I can’t figure it out :D 

I have a Zap with answers from Typeform falling into a Google Sheet. One question has 5 possible fixed answers which I’d like to be set as a TRUE in the Google Sheet.

So Typeform: “What are you most interested in:

• Female
  • Male
  • Kids
  • Animals
  • Electronics”

Should fall into GSheet if chosen, as:

Interest_female: TRUE

Interest_male: TRUE

Interest_kids: TRUE

Interest_animals: TRUE

Interest_electronics: TRUE

How do I change the answer to TRUE?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 6 September 2022, 19:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey there @Annsophisticated 

Welcome to the community!

Good question, there are a couple of ways to achieve what you described here.

I found this post about a similar problem with some great options in the comments especially this comment: 

Does that look like something you could try?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Annsophisticated!

It looks like the answers from type form are coming in as ‘Im interested in animals’/’I am interested in electronics’/etc, is that correct? And in your Google Sheet, each column is one of the categories, yes? If so, then here is how you can change the text...

Add a Formatter by Zapier step before the Google Sheets step, choose Utilities > Lookup table. With a lookup table you can tell the Zap ‘if you see this, then use this text’. In this case, you’re saying ‘if you see “I am interested in animals”, write “TRUE”. You’ll need to have a line in the lookup table for each possible answer. If you haven’t used a Lookup table step before, I recommend reading this help guide to get you started. 

Here’s a screenshot of what the table would look like:

In the Google Sheets step, you need to map the output of the Formatter step to the correct column in the sheet. 

Will that work the way that you need it to? Let us know what you think!

Userlevel 1

Thank you Danvers!

I got it almost to the end – but I can’t seem to map the formatted answers to the Google Sheets action fields: 

This I how I typed in the formatter: 

But it doesn’t seem to fetch any data when mapped?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Ann Sophie

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Annsophisticated ,

Are you typing the full sentence in the Lookup Table? Did you include the FALSE answers? If not, Did you include FALSE as the Fallback Value? After finishing this step, did you click on Test And Review to check the output? 

Please let me know if you need more help with this

Userlevel 1

I found out – I just had to choose “Text” → “Replace” instead of “Utility” in the formatter and then everything worked out! :) 

Thx for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It looks like the answers from type form are coming in as ‘Im interested in animals’/’I am interested in electronics’/etc, is that correct? And in your Google Sheet, each column is one of the categories, yes? If so, then here is how you can change the text...

Add a Formatter by Zapier step before the Google Sheets step, choose Utilities > Lookup table. With a lookup table you can tell the Zap ‘if you see this, then use this text’. In this case, you’re saying ‘if you see “I am interested in animals”, write “TRUE”. You’ll need to have a line in the lookup table for each possible answer. If you haven’t used a Lookup table step before, I recommend reading this help guide to get you started. 

Here’s a screenshot of what the table would look like:

In the Google Sheets step, you need to map the output of the Formatter step to the correct column in the sheet. 

I just had to choose “Text” → “Replace” instead of “Utility” in the formatter and then everything worked out

Woohoo! So excited to hear you were able to get this sorted! Thanks for letting us know your end solution! 🤗