Question

Change True value to other word, if false leave blank

• 24 January 2023
  • 4 replies

I need to change a true value to a single word. For example, I have a question on a Cognito Form that asks if you live in a specific County, if the answer is True I want Formatter to change the value to the County name. If the answer is false, I want the value to be blanked out. The next step in the Zap is to add this data to a spreadsheet, that’s why I need it formatted like this.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tim829 

Good question.

Can you outline a specific example for each use case?

Please include screenshots for clarity, thanks.

Let me try to explain better.

We have a Cognito Form with a question that says “Do you live in Greenwood County?”. You can select either Yes/No but Zapier sees this data as True/False.

I would like to use Formatter to change the True value to Greenwood. I wanted to delete the False value so it’s blank but that might be too difficult. If that’s the case, we could just change False to No. 

The next step in the Zap is to add rows into an Excel Spreadsheet.

What we’re doing is collecting applications with Cognito Forms then loading all the applications into a Spreadsheet. Formatting is important because it makes the spreadsheet easier to read rather than just having a bunch of true and false answers in columns. I need to do this to multiple questions/answers but If I can figure it out with this specific example I’m sure I can duplicate it for the rest.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tim829

Try using Formatter > Utilities > Lookup Table

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496305146765

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @tim829! Troy is correct that a Lookup table is going to be your best bet here. If you have any questions while setting that up, let us know and we’d be happy to lend a hand!