Question

Change Track Quantity field in Shopify through Google Sheet Trigger

• 27 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I receive stock reports in spreadsheet format from different suppliers once or twice a week.  The spreadsheet contains three columns:  SKU #, Product Name and Quantity.  I will convert the spreadsheet to Google Sheet and place it in My Drive.  I would like Zapier to:

• examine the spreadsheet starting from row 2,
  • match the SKU # in Shopify and turn on Track Quantity,
  • set Quantity available to -1.

My question is how to make this process into a loop until it reaches the last row of the list on the spreadsheet.  The bottom line is to make the product not available in Shopify when it is out of stock on the report.  If you have done this process successfully, please share.  I appreciate your time and talent.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @LadyBee

You’ll definitely need to use the Shopify action Update Inventory Quantity, as you can use that to reduce the number of items that you have of a particular product in your inventory. 

The tricky part here will be the trigger for the Zap. Are you able to add the information from the Supplier’s spreadsheets into a new Google Sheet? If so, you could use the New Spreadsheet row trigger and the Zap would go through each row of the sheet and update the quantity in Shopify accordingly. Do you think that would work in this instance?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I haven’t had time to experiment more.  I got too much going on at the moment.  I was hoping that someone already did this and I don’t have to reinvent the wheel ;-).  I will report back once I’ve done some testing.