Question

Change the type of lead in Sprout Studio to trigger a zap?

• 21 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Can I change the type of lead in sprout studio to trigger a zap? It only states lead, but I would like different zaps for different types of leads. IE; newborn, wedding, family shoots?!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Belliam 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

To ensure I understand, could you elaborate more on the issue? What trigger step are you using?

Also, could you send screenshots of how you’ve configured the Zap so far? That’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

I want to ensure we’re on the same page so I can point you in the right direction!

Hello @Charie  

Right now it only says event “Lead” I would like to be able to categorize the different types of leads?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Belliam!  Thanks for reaching out in community. 🤗

Thanks for clarifying! I wonder if a Filter by Zapier step would help here? This way only certain Leads move forward to the next step of the zap. 🙂 You may need to setup a different zap for each Lead type if you’re looking to perform a different set of actions for each Lead type. 

Here’s some other resources around conditional logic:

Also here’s a little hub on some common workflows, tutorials, and resources for Filter.

I hope some of this helps! 🧡 Let us know if you have any other questions - we’re always happy to help.

@christina.d 

I cannot figure out how to add a filter, I followed instructions but it does show up for me. The above photo are my only options. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, I apologize. I should’ve been more clear - that was my mistake. 😔

In order for this to work it would require multiple steps and a filter, which at a minimum requires a Starter plan.

Without multiple steps, the only option is triggering on all leads. Hope that helps!

@christina.d 

Is there a discount code available? That is quite the jump from $0 to $41.50 CAD monthly!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Belliam 

Unfortunately, Zapier doesn’t have ongoing discounts. You may choose a lower Starter Plan by checking for prices here: https://zapier.com/app/pricing

Let me know if you have other questions.